I have NEVER liked larger titanium frams, as in larger than one inch size. I had a rather unpleasant confrontation at LH due to daring to suggest JBL may not be the best.
So I found this interesting. Admittedly the source is Radian. I'd love to see the original research.
Debunking the Titanium Myth
Much hoopla and marketing hype has been made about the virtues of Titanium as a diaphragm material. It is interesting to note, however, that in lab tests conducted over a decade ago by Dr. Eugene Patronis at the University of Georgia Tech, some surprising results emerged. In an A- B comparison between a Radian 4? diaphragm and 4? Titanium diaphragm in a non-Radian compression driver, there was twice as much 2nd and 3rd order harmonic distortion in the Titanium unit as there was in the Radian diaphragm. In addition, the Radian diaphragm had more extended high frequency response than the Titanium unit.









Bookmarks